Halftime

“I believe that a bad Super Bowl halftime show is still better than a soccer game.”
-Ron White

Not to belabor the football metaphors (And how could I pass up using a Ron White quote?), but we are past the two minute warning and getting ready to head into the locker room for halftime. Like halftime of a football game, Christmas break is a great time to reflect on the first half, make adjustments based on those lessons learned, and as much as possible, dress your wounds and rest up for the second half. I know that many on our staff are brand new to the building this year, some are even brand new to Sullivan, but I couldn’t be more proud of the effort you have all put in up to this point of the year. Like you, I’m still learning and adapting to our new “normal”, but all things considered, I believe we are in a great place.

My one piece of advice as we face this final week is to not let up. I have been so impressed by the number of teachers who have shared with me their plans to really push academics up to the very last minute. It is not secret that our students know it is almost break, and they are getting more and more excited about it every day, but the best way to keep things in order is to keep them academically engaged. If they see us heading to break early, they will do the same, so keep up what you are doing.... even if starting an essay in the last week feels kinda crazy. I say we can all be crazy together. It will be more fun that way!

Fun Fact: I got a tour of Ron White’s tour bus earlier this year when his driver parked across the street from my house to visit my neighbor who happens to be his aunt or something. He had dropped Ron off at the airport in the Chicago and was driving down to meet up with him again in New Orleans. If that is how a B/C List celebrity gets to live, I’m in the wrong business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

Oxygen Masks

#OneTribe