Who, What, When, Where, Why?

"Knowledge is proud that it knows so much; wisdom is humble that it knows no more."
-William Cowper

I am going to use this post to gush a little bit about the amazing faculty and staff we have here at Sullivan Middle School. This past week has not been the most fun. We have been doing MAP testing all week, so there were some technology hurdles to overcome and energy has been drained. However, the feedback that I received was very positive. Sure, there are some tweeks that we will make for the next round to make it better, but the thing that impressed me the most was the willingness of our teachers to seek information on their own. When they didn't know something, they asked. That is great for two reasons: First off, we have teachers who take the initiative. They did not just sit back and wait to be told. Second, we have teachers who are not to proud to admit they don't know the answer and who are willing to go seek that answer. 

I have had several new teachers in our district comment to me about how helpful everyone has been as they transition into their new jobs here in our buildings. I love hearing this because while it is very important to be willing to ask questions, it is equally important to be willing to answer questions from others. I think this is called teamwork, and I've heard that teamwork will actually make the dream work, so we have that going for us.

As a leader, my goal is to remain humble enough to ask for help, advice, and answers. Being surrounded by so many people who understand the importance of relying on the other members of the team will certainly help me remember the importance of doing just that.

**I will cover one class period or advisory for the first SMS teacher to comment on this post.

Comments

  1. Great post! Everyone has certainly been helpful with the transition into the district. -SS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that, and congratulations on winning the prize for being the first to comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

#OneTribe