Hittin' Dingers

“Love springs from the inside. It is the immortal surge of passion, excitement, energy, power, strength, prosperity, recognition, respect, desire, determination, enthusiasm, confidence, courage, and vitality, that nourishes, extends and protects. It possesses an external objective - life.” 
― Ogwo David Emenike

At first, I was going to write my weekly message about MAP Testing, but I just couldn't come up with a message about MAP Testing that matched my excitement for this year. That isn't to say that I don't see the benefits of benchmark testing-- I do. It just isn't the reason any of us got into education. Instead, I want to just take a little time to share with all of you how excited I am to have this school year off to such a great start. The quote I chose for this week's message embodies for me what it means to be an educator. Getting the opportunity to educate, empower, and inspire these kids every day fills me with a vitality that I hope you all feel as well, so I would like to take a few minutes to share with you just a few of the things I am loving about our building right now.

In eight amazingly short days, we have begun to establish our routines for the year, which is no small task given all of the changes we have implemented.  In short, this faculty and staff has started the year off by hitting a monster homerun. I can't thank each and every one of you enough for making sure this school year has started off on the right foot.

If you get the chance, I encourage any of you make a quick walk down to the Commons at lunch to see how efficiently our lunch crew feeds 350 students. By the end of our first full week, we were getting all 350 students through the lunch line in under 17 minutes. The ladies from Aramark do a great job of keeping the lines moving, and we have SHS service students keeping the place clean. I want to give a big shoutout to Chris Wilson and Shaun Schaefers for agreeing to brave the middle school lunch period with us. I know the kids enjoy getting to chat with them over some tater tots.

Another piece of the puzzle that I couldn't be happier with is our RtI/Recess period for 5th and 6th grade after lunch. This is probably the biggest structural change most of our teachers have had to adjust to, but like so many other initiatives, our faculty has found a way to make it work. I know that RtI isn't the most popular mandate we have been dealt, but if we focus on making it best for students, I know we can't go wrong, and that is exactly what our teachers are doing. Keep up the great work 5th and 6th grade team, and another shoutout has to go to Andy Wagner, Jen Strauf, and Scott Bales for running our recess period like champs!

This week will be another challenging week as we disrupt the routine we are just barely beginning to feel comfortable with, but I am confident in your ability to carry it out flawlessly because that is what you always do. Being the principal of this building is the most rewarding job I have ever had, and that is due to the people I get the pleasure of leading every day. When I walk through classrooms, I am always amazed at the level of energy I see you all bringing to the table every day. Each and every classroom is alive with learning. I literally can't walk our hallways without getting excited about all we will accomplish this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

Who, What, When, Where, Why?

Oxygen Masks