Waving the White Flag

"Starting strong is good. Finishing strong is epic."
-Robin Sharma

We are coming off of Thanksgiving break, and I can practically hear the collective groans of students and teachers contemplating returning to school tomorrow. While having a few days off for Thanksgiving is great, I know that teachers and students are really looking forward to a much longer break at the end of the semester, so here I am waving the white flag. 

No, I am not waving the white flag of surrender-- They'll never take me alive! I am waving the white flag that signifies the final lap of a race. We have three and half weeks left in the semester. This is a time when there are some in our classrooms who will be tempted to let off of the accelerator and just coast through to Christmas break, but we also know that these are often the students who cannot afford to coast. These are the students we have been pushing and pulling all semester. 

Three and a half weeks means we have probably 15 regular advisory periods, 3 Friday advisories, 12 ASK sessions, and 4 Late Stays to get every drop of effort out of all 245 students at Sullivan Middle School, so dig deep and sprint to the finish. We started strong, but I'm confident we can finish even stronger because that is what this team does. Keep it up! We are almost there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

Who, What, When, Where, Why?

Oxygen Masks