Time to Brag

"Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher."
-Japanese Proverb

As I walked the building this morning, I found myself getting more and more energized by what I was seeing. Ever since I stepped into my role as the principal here at Sullivan Middle School, and even before that as assistant principal, I have told anyone who would listen about how great our teachers are, and I truly believe our students here receive one of the best educational experiences in the area. Just to give you an idea of why I believe this, here is what I witnessed during a single class period at SMS:

-Students were:
     DISCUSSING the POSSIBILITIES they have through EDUCATION in SOCIAL STUDIES
             doing MATH in PE.
                    doing CREATIVE WRITING in SCIENCE
                         doing ART in MATH
                              READING books in MATH
                                   COLLABORATING with TECHNOLOGY in the LIBRARY
                         
These are the kinds of things that I see happening in our classrooms every time I walk through our building, and I know this is why our students are so successful here. I can't tell you the number of times I have had parents who have moved into our district tell me that their child has never been happier about school or that they have never had teachers who cared as much about their child as our teachers do. If one day with a great teacher is better than a thousand days of diligent study, the future is bright for our students because they are getting lifetimes worth of education from our teachers here at Sullivan Middle School. I couldn't be more proud to be a part of what you all do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

Oxygen Masks

#OneTribe