We Do What Matters

"Good things happen when you get your priorities straight."
-Scott Caan

While the guy who played Tweeter in Varsity Blues isn't exactly blowing minds with this particular quote, it is a simple truth worth reflecting upon from time to time. During a recent interview with a candidate for one of our open positions, I was asked about our "Commendable" recognition and our solid test scores. I gave him a condensed version of this.

I know that IAR testing is eating up a lot of valuable instructional time, but I don't want that to trick us into thinking IAR testing is what we do or why we do it. I firmly believe that if we focus our attention on doing what is right for our students each and every day, the state identifiers and test scores will take care of themselves. So, as we head into this final week of testing, my challenge to you is to not let the 90 minute test drive the entire rest of the day because it is the rest of the day that matters the most. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

Oxygen Masks

#OneTribe