Thankful

Make it a habit to tell people thank you. To express your appreciation, sincerely and without the expectation of anything in return. Truly appreciate those around you, and you'll soon find many others around you. Truly appreciate life, and you'll find that you have more of it.
-Ralph Marston

As we enter the week of Thanksgiving, I want to take time to express to all of you how thankful I am for the opportunity to work with you every day. I truly believe in the educational experience we provide for students here at Sullivan Middle School, and that experience is what it is because each and every one of you show up here every morning with the intention of making it great. 

I am thankful for the fact that you all enjoy working with one another. The joy that you all take in each other's company shows in the work that you do, and our students benefit from it.

I am thankful for your willingness to support our students where they are. It is very easy in education to spend time and energy lamenting the challenges we face. Many of our kids are coming to us with needs that were not expected to be filled by educators in the past. Instead of complaining about that, you all simply step in and do what needs to be done. The world needs more of that, but at Sullivan Middle School, it is the norm.

I am thankful that you all push me to get better at what I do to support your mission to educate our children. The enemy of progress is complacency. I want to always be a team that challenges the status quo and asks why something can't be done better.

In the end, I feel incredibly thankful that of all the places I could've landed, I get to walk through the front doors of Sullivan Middle School and be a part of this team every day. Thank you for everything you do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

Oxygen Masks

#OneTribe