Where to Begin...

 I have great belief in the fact that whenever there is chaos, it creates wonderful thinking. I consider chaos a gift.

~Septima Poinsette Clark


As I sit here on Saturday morning, both reflecting on the last several months and looking forward to Monday, I am overcome with a tremendous sense of gratitude toward being right where I am. This time last week, I was full of anxiety about what was to come. Over the last week, the presence of all of you in this building, doing exactly what you do each and every day calmed me tremendously. 

In spite of the fact that I am surrounded by an incredible administrative team, walking into this building throughout the summer facing the unknown without my Tribe was a very lonely feeling. In the months we have been apart, the brilliance of what you all can accomplish began to fade in my memory, and while I never truly forgot how great a team of educators we have, it was no longer an ever-present part of my environment. 

When you all walked into our building on Monday morning, you brought with you the idea that anything is possible; that no challenge is too great. I have no doubts that when we are able to look back on this period of time, and reflect on how we adjusted to the chaos around us, we will see that some of the most amazing innovations happened. These innovations will carry many of us through the end of our careers. This challenge we face is an opportunity to show tremendous professional and organizational growth.

A week ago, I was anxious. Today I am excited, and you have made all of the difference. Monday morning, you will begin to do the same for our students and our community. I couldn't be more proud to be part of this staff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

Oxygen Masks

#OneTribe