Accentuate the Positives

"Stay positive and happy. Work hard and don't give up hope. Be open to criticism and keep learning. Surround yourself with happy, warm and genuine people."
-Tena Desae

I know we have spent a lot of time this year discussing our challenges and how to adapt and overcome them. This has absolutely been a tough year of adjustments, but I want us to go into this final week focusing on all of the positives we can take away from this year. For one thing, in spite of the challenges, I have had several parents of 5th and 6th graders tell me that their student has loved middle school this year. That speaks to the positive environment you have all managed to maintain in spite of your frustrations. You have worked hard and not given up on our students, and it shows.

We have been able to have frank discussions about where we can improve, and I include myself in that statement more than anyone. There are always going to be challenges in life, but the measure of character is how we react to them, and I could not be more pleased with the character this staff has show this year. You have been problem solvers, not just problem identifiers. You have not allowed your enthusiasm to be diminished.

Lastly, we welcomed six new members to our tribe this year, and it has made us so much stronger. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the contributions that each new teacher has made to our building and the way our veteran SMS teachers have not only welcomed them to reached out to learn from them as well. I love that you genuinely like to spend time together at work and outside of work.

Feel free to share any other positive thoughts you have from this year in the comments and lets end this year on the highest of notes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Full of It

Oxygen Masks

#OneTribe